Friday, July 18, 2008

Blog and me !!

Hi,

A lot of my friends asked me why did i start blogging when i sent the link to them................and the answer was........for fun and sharing my thoughts ! And now i find it is not so much fun as i have been trying to think of what to write about and couldn't choose a topic which interested me and i could elaborate more on.........so again an impromptu blog........

This week went by real fast.....and left so much unfinished. But weekends are always welcome.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately and one book i have been recommending a lot is The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. This book has been a source of motivation to me and has reinforced my belief about Positive attitude doing wonders with one's approach towards life. 

Tomorrow i will be meeting my kids at the Children Centre where i teach them computer skills once a month after a long break and i am looking forward to that. Their enthusiasm is very infectious and despite the kind of life they are born with and live daily they are always smiling. Sometimes their happiness brings tears in my eyes because we complain about small things without showing gratitude for all we have and here they are without so many things but still happy.

Some are really interested in learning computer skills but others come in because they are pushed by the Centre staff. And it is really difficult to avoid focusing only on those who are listening to us and following instructions. I can now fully understand what a teacher goes through during the classes they teach........and make it interesting for all at the same time.

In one of my last classes i remember, i allowed two girls leave half an hour early because all they wanted to do was listen to music and play with paint brush though we were working on MS Power Point....:-(

Tomorrow is my July class and I will write more after my class. We are supposed to get them to practice MS Excel. More tomorrow.........

Cheers & Have a great weekend !


No comments: